logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrSmellyPants  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:36:09 AM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I like the idea of giving added credit to new players. But campaign is only part of the game. Should new players also get some help in PVP? Like a perma shield? You don't want to give too much or it will take away from players who have worked a long time. So I wouldn't give a bonus to hit power or energy. Just something so they can stay at PVP fights longer. Maybe gradually decrease shield to a point when it goes away.
thanks 3 users thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
olivemma on 7/3/2014(UTC), Keiser on 7/4/2014(UTC), Grettir on 10/25/2014(UTC)
MrSmellyPants  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:23:17 PM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Sym- I haven't noticed a big change from last campaign. Not sure if I'm just not paying close enough attention. . I do like the higher points for new players. I also think we should give them perma-shield in PVP that gradually diminishes as their xp increases.
thanks 1 user thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
olivemma on 7/14/2014(UTC)
olivemma  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 4:36:55 PM(UTC)
olivemma

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I think the shield idea is great, regarding "normalization", I love the idea but I just think it's a bit too much in favor of newbies, it might be counterproductive to let them think the game is so easy to beat: ending n°1 the first campaign you play doesn't seem like a fun challenge to keep playing. (plus, senior players might feel it's too hard to keep up on LB). maybe half of what is on now would be equalizing things?
just my 2 cents :)
FeRaLcHiLdE  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 5:29:23 AM(UTC)
FeRaLcHiLdE

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I understand your concern, olive and was reflecting on scaling level dynamics in games. I'm of the opinion that since higher level players earn most types of points so much faster than the lower levels, that a boost wouldn't be unbalancing. In fact, this is one of the few gamesI've played that hasn't been fast and easy at lower experience levels due a generous starting boost or such (which can hook new players). As much as we like to challenge ourselves in these games, I feel many players turn away from a new game if it's too difficult to get started up the first log in, due challenges they aren't used to coping with until they learn the UI and pace of the app.

Edited by user Friday, July 18, 2014 5:32:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: smelly armpit (just the lefty)

thanks 2 users thanked FeRaLcHiLdE for this useful post.
olivemma on 7/18/2014(UTC), MrSmellyPants on 7/18/2014(UTC)
Azmodeus  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 4:14:21 PM(UTC)
Azmodeus

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
A perma shield would be exploited. A newb would show up to Battle and just sit there giving his teammates a permanent means to portal and or act as a dodge point. This would be fine if abilities like portals were EARNED through the level up process.
MrSmellyPants  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 4:47:33 PM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

What about if the shield was limited with a timer or max Hps absorbed, and it it only absorbed 50 percent of incoming dmg.