logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FeRaLcHiLdE  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 9:16:20 PM(UTC)
FeRaLcHiLdE

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Part Portals bring us together for dynamic game play. YAY. We do need that, especially being spread out globally.

Problem: how they form is causing portals to be destroyed that cannot be replaced.

The party portals are killing global access. Areas I see portals gone altogether (from this side): Java, Columbia, Uttar Pradesh, Jamaica, Trinidad, Peru, Malaysia, Morocco, Mumbai, Fiji, Vietnam, Burma, Guinea, Yakutsk. These are just ones I noticed missing recently. Considering the efforts that go into placing these portals, (through RL traveling or in-game efforts), doesn't the fact that players are destroying them for a few points or temporary advantage seem like complete idiocy?

IMO this idiocy is an insult to all of us in here who are intelligent, which is most of us. So, I propose two solutions to this problem. Any solution that stops these portals from being at risk from Party Portals would be acceptable though.

This is about ethics as much as frustration. It is unethical to place short term gains above someone's long term efforts. In this case, as portals allow all players (of that team) access to global locations, for one (or even five sharing) players to destroy a portal like this is unethical as an individual (or few) are taking away from the community. To underscore my point, the portals are mainly destroyed out of greed motivations, which brings a new set of moral conduct into question.
That's the problem.

Solution 1: change how PPs are triggered from hunting to harvesting or some other trigger that new/unaware players won't inadvertently summon them.

Solution 2: create a mechanism that seeds the globe with new portals on occasion, to balance those inevitably destroyed. This won't save portals but would circumvent the problem of losing access to global locations (even if randomly).

Fix this to show us you care about us enjoying your app for more than mindless fun, or show to us that you don't care about many players' frustrations by not fixing this.
thanks 3 users thanked FeRaLcHiLdE for this useful post.
MrSmellyPants on 8/23/2014(UTC), olivemma on 8/25/2014(UTC), Maestro on 9/4/2014(UTC)
MrSmellyPants  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:00:39 AM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Solution 2 is really intriguing to me. Really neat idea that could be a lot of fun.
thanks 1 user thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
FeRaLcHiLdE on 8/23/2014(UTC)