logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sempre  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:42:47 PM(UTC)
Sempre

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey guys! I just found out that Paraversume is available in the App Store, completely by accident, so I downloaded it yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play it too much but I do have some quick feedback. Sorry if a lot of this is "known issues"--I haven't had a chance to look through the forum yet for a changelog or what not, but am excited to share my first impressions.

1. My first experience in the game was getting instantly destroyed by a drone. I got destroyed a LOT in the beginning, because the PPA drones that spawned were extremely high level. There's not much indication to a new player that hey, you shouldn't hit that thing until you're a little leveled.
  2. There's no explanation of what it takes to get aggro from multiple drones at once. I still haven't figured out what causes that (That's a cool thing, by the way--makes it feel like they're cooperating unlike Shadow Cities' spirits that ignored what was happening to each other).
  3. I don't understand why building siphons is on a separate menu, rather than showing up on the context-sensitive menu at the bottom once you've targeted a nexus.
  4. There are no nexuses near my office, boo hoo.
  5. The game looks a little static--I assume animations will come in the future!
  6. It looks like the health number isn't updating properly?
  7. I can't tell how many times I'm allowed to Recharge. I assume this is the "pots" mechanic, and that parabucks are equivalent to pots?
  8. I miss the gesture system of Shadow Cities, the bottom menu is a little limiting, in that I have to look at the menu to initiate a command--I can't just swipe away and concentrate entirely on what's going on on the map. The gestures were highly intuitive and didn't require visual input from a player, so it also utilized human interface in a more engaging way. I'm willing to bet this has been a subject of much discussion both in development and on the forums. :)
  9. It's easy to screw up and get the control center tab to appear when you're trying to operate the context-sensitive menu at the bottom, due to the drag-from-the-bottom mechanic.
  10. I'm curious to see how movement looks in the game (and how the movement mechanic is--no frogging I assume?), and how other players look in the game--since it doesn't seem to be played from a "top down" view, it's a little harder for me to get a sense of distance. Especially true since I don't have a marker on the map for my own player position.
  11. I love the concept of local chat and the top notifications, even though I have yet to use it!
  12. Genius monetization scheme with the ads that show while I'm destroyed!

So a lot of little things--I think one of the great things about Shadow Cities was its UI. I think that Paraversume is still tuning a lot of things--this beta is pretty exciting to see! If Paraversume has the net code that Shadow Cities needed (but never had)...ya may have a good thing here!

I also see a lot of names I recognize in the chat--will have to say hello later!
thanks 2 users thanked Sempre for this useful post.
olivemma on 9/4/2014(UTC), Sunonthemoon on 9/6/2014(UTC)
olivemma  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:51:34 PM(UTC)
olivemma

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi Sempre, nice to see you here!