logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Clockwork  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:49:02 AM(UTC)
Clockwork

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)

With a new game comes new questions, and with new questions come new answer and explanations. We all know that by ourselves these questions will remain unanswered, but with the help of the knowledgable, those clouded questions can become the standard knowledge of tomorrow. In this thread you will be able to find everything Paraversume related, including, tips, tricks, information and images. This thread will never be complete and will continue to be a work in progress so please check in anytime and do not be afraid to shoot me an email at calvin@solojunction.com or send me a message on Paraversume (Username: Clockwork).

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Edited by user Monday, March 17, 2014 9:22:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Clockwork for this useful post.
Anvar on 2/8/2014(UTC), italoricco on 2/10/2014(UTC)
Clockwork  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:50:08 AM(UTC)
Clockwork

LOGGING IN - HOW TO GET IN THE GAME

How can I Create a Log-In and Register my Name to Play Paraversume?

To start playing Paraversume is very simple and the acceptance into the game should now be instant! In a recent update Symbiatch has enabled registering through the app. To start playing Download Paraversume and create an account using the register screen. It is as simple as that.

Note: The server hasn't crashed in ages, so we don't expect that to happen. But it might happen. If it does (nobody can login), scream/send a message on Our Facebook Page. We will be monitoring, but can't be awake 24/7.

Edited by user Monday, March 17, 2014 9:04:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Clockwork for this useful post.
Anvar on 2/8/2014(UTC), italoricco on 2/10/2014(UTC), caza on 2/18/2014(UTC)
Clockwork  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:52:17 AM(UTC)
Clockwork

GETTING STARTED - PREMISE AND HOW DO I PLAY

Premise

The world is in turmoil. A new pure source of energy was found by accident. Unfortunately this also revealed parallel universes existing partially interwoven with our own. This changed our view of the world overnight. The power we had used and thought to be pure energy from the fluctuations of the vacuum was in fact energy escaping from these other universes. The news united the world leaders to form the Paraversume Protection Agency to ensure the consistency of the paraversume, as the world was now called. Laura Norder as their president they tried to force people to play by their rules, but this caused only problems. Two major clans emerged: the Anarchists and the Radicals, both opposing the world order. The Anarchists want the world to be free of rules and allow everyone to live any way they want to. The Radicals want to replace the PPA with their own ruling. These differences in their views have caused them to fight each other. Both clans are recruiting more people to help them in their fight to power. You also can join the battle. You will be given the tools to harness the power of technology to conquer the world with your clan. You can tap into the energy conduits running throughout the planes of the paraversume and use this energy to fight the other clan as well as the PPA. As you gather experience you will be able to use the energy for many things.

Basic Intro of How to Play

The game is based around the concept that there are two opposing teams, the Radicals (blue) and the Anarchists (orange). Paraversume is a location based game which takes your physical real-world location and uses that to put you in the game world. For example if you live in Manhattan in New York City your ship in the game will be in they same place in the game. Basically the game world is our world in the sense that the game map is no different from a map we use in real life. Paraversume is an evolving game. It does not have a fixed play style or agenda. The style is determined based on campaigns that change frequently. You can view the current campaign objectives in Objectives/Campaign. There are also important announcements in Objectives/Campaign. The Main thing is to fight the PPA (flying drones, white/green) and the opposing team. Join in on the team chat and ask for help if you need any. As a social game it's important to coordinate actions with others. You can also ask if anyone speaks another language you know better, if English is not your strongest language. Players speak many languages and it's ok to speak whatever language you choose.

Edited by user Monday, March 17, 2014 9:23:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Clockwork for this useful post.
italoricco on 2/10/2014(UTC)
Clockwork  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:26:51 AM(UTC)
Clockwork

STRUCTURES - FUNCTIONS AND ABILITIES

Nexuses:

Basic Overview:
  • Nexuses are the source of power. They may be gray (free) or coloured (conquered by a faction). You can build siphons to tap into the power. You can't build nexuses, they exist naturally.

Why do we need Nexus's for?
  • The main use of nexus's are for movement. A player can jump to any nexus that is not controlled by an opposing play (opposite teams siphon attached) by selecting the nexus and selecting the "jump" action.

Siphons:

Basic Overview:
  • Turrets and portals need power to operate, siphons provide the power. Without them your recharge is slower. You can also drain a full siphon to tap up your drone's energy. To build a siphon you have to select a nexus first. If you don't have any nexuses around you, jump to a location where there is one. You get no penalty for having siphons away from you.

• What do Siphons do? What use do they for me?
    Siphons are one of the three structures you can build in the game and have three main purposes.

• The first purpose of a siphon is to provide enough power for turrets and portals to operate. Without siphons your portals and turrets are completely useless.

• The second purpose of a siphon is to gain energy which you can harvest. As you know from the previous section energy is what you use to do any action like attacking, repairing, building and jumping. Siphons slowly gain energy which you can collect anytime. You can track the amount of energy that your Siphon has gained by selecting it and looking at the yellow bar on the left side of the selected Siphon. If you want to see exactly how much energy your Siphon has gained you can go to the "Structures" tab under the build menu and you will see an exact number.

• The third, and probably most underrated function of a Siphon is to block enemies from jumping to a nexus. If you attach a Siphon to a nexus that is not already conquered by an enemy the nexus will turn the color of your team and no one from the opposing team will be able to jump to that nexus. It is important to notice that if a player from the opposite team already has a Siphon attached to a nexus that nexus will not turn to your teams color until all Siphons attached to that nexus from the opposing team are destroyed.

• How do I build a Siphon?
    To build a Siphon you must first select a nexus on which you want your Siphon to attach to. Then you must open the build tab, select "Siphon" and select "Build." Once you do this your Siphon will appear near the location in which you build it and start gaining energy for you to harvest.

• Whenever I try to build a Siphon I get the message "Select a nexus to attach your Siphon to." What am I doing wrong?
    Don't worry, you just forgot one of the minor steps when attempting to build a Siphon. You must first select a nexus then go to build your Siphon.

• How many Siphons can I build? What is the maximum amount of Siphons I can have?
    The answer is simple - you can have a maximum of four siphons built at a time. You can always destroy your own siphons if you want to build one somewhere else by swiping open the build tab,(right below chat tab) selecting the "Structures" tab and selecting the Siphon you wish to destroy.

• I overheard someone saying that you could harvest anyones Siphon, not just your own - Is that true?
    It is very possible you overheard this because this was a beta feature which was removed. It is no longer possible to harvest anyones Siphon only your own.

Portals:

Turrets:

Images of Structures
(Hover mouse over each image for more information)

SiphonPortalTurret

Edited by user Monday, March 17, 2014 9:31:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Clockwork for this useful post.
italoricco on 2/10/2014(UTC)
Clockwork  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 4:58:10 PM(UTC)
Clockwork

ACTIONS - REPAIRING, JUMPING, DEWARPING

Edited by user Saturday, February 8, 2014 5:49:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Clockwork  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:40:13 PM(UTC)
Clockwork

Originally Posted by: mikecabq Go to Quoted Post
Thank you very much for this tutorial.

Could I please ask to have the section on Nexuses next? The ONLY thing I know about Nexuses is that it's needed to build a Siphon.
I have no clue as to:
- what a Nexus looks like;
- where I find one;
- what do I do with it once I find it;
- can I (or someone else) make more?

Thanks again!

Hi mikecabq,

Of course! I will try to get the Nexus information and strategy up there later today. I am currently working on so many different sub topics within the game its hard to keep track of the information. While I have wrote a lot of it, I haven't pasted it in the thread yet because I am still checking for edits and mistakes.

If I may make a request. Could you please delete your reply from this thread and if you have any further question please private message me. I am trying to get as many posts in a row on the first page in order to be able to use the table of contents and make as many pages as I need. I should have made this request more clear but I am trying to get as many pages in a row with my comments. If this doesn't make sense don't worry, but it would be a great help if you could delete your post from this thread.

Thanks for reminding me to get that Nexus information up! I will do it later today,

-Clockwork