logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrSmellyPants  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:25:59 AM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Sym talked about how starting a feed thread with the @ character makes it only visible to your team. An Anarch made a test thread and Sym checked the rad feed. Sym said rads couldn't see it. But then ShadowNewton (rad) made a post starting with @admin that I could see. So I told him I could see it. My thoughts:
1) perhaps the @ thing doesn't work
2) perhaps @admin is programmed to behave differently since it's intended to flag the post for a white account.

Anvar/Neb - would you mind verifying if/how the @ thing works? I'm happy to help test.

Not an urgent priority

Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
Anvar on 2/26/2014(UTC)
Anvar  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:37:38 AM(UTC)
Anvar

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I'm still testing the functions using the @ command. It is difficult/impossible for me to tell, though, because I see all feeds.

Symbiatch would have to confirm.
Symbiatch  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:49:14 AM(UTC)
Symbiatch

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 128 post(s)
The @ thing was added last night (my time), the @admin prefixed thread was created before that. The old ones weren't converted. So it does work, if re status was created after that restart. And I think all others were.

The @admin command works only in the chats, in the feeds it will be considered as "show only to teammates" since it starts with @
thanks 3 users thanked Symbiatch for this useful post.
NebulousBlue on 2/26/2014(UTC), MrSmellyPants on 3/3/2014(UTC), Anvar on 3/9/2014(UTC)
MrSmellyPants  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2014 11:31:59 PM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Sym- I like what you did on notifications. Thank you for the flexibility. The help text explains it well enough to make it functional. I had to read it twice since it isn't just a toggle but that's fine. Most people will set it and never change it, do it doesn't require a toggle and super speedy interface.
thanks 1 user thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
Symbiatch on 3/9/2014(UTC)
Symbiatch  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:47:45 AM(UTC)
Symbiatch

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 128 post(s)
In the next client it will be easily available in the Settings portion, as well as the "show only to teammates" option in feeds. Just wanted to get this out quickly since people had annoying help notifications they wanted to disable.