logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nateoroni  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:45:27 PM(UTC)
nateoroni

After attempting to get into this game several times i have come to the conclusion of whats driving me away. The fact is that this isn't a happy place to be. I know this isn't shadow cities but the reason that was so fun was that the world was calming. Everything flowed and i just felt good to be in the world. Im not sure how you would emulate that in this but i think it would make this a much better game
MrSmellyPants  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:30:49 AM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Do you mean gameplay or community?
nateoroni  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:51:23 AM(UTC)
nateoroni

I more mean the environment of the game. There was nothing peacefull about my shadow cities chat
FeRaLcHiLdE  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:22:15 PM(UTC)
FeRaLcHiLdE

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 38 post(s)
SC had deceptively simple vitual structures. Art-wise, they were poorly executed, but the UI fed the players' brains a high-contrast mix of bright colored light. Neurology is proving more each day how light stimulates brain cells, and certain combinations of lights can trigger or ease addiction behavior. I hold that SC's environment was such that it affected players on this level, which could explain why none of us ever found another game that gave the same satisfactory stimulation. It wasn't the game so much (there are plenty of better game designs than SC) but how the user FELT about the experience - a solid psychological marketing tool.

Learn more about this neurology here:
http://www.edmontonneuro...imulation_therapies.html
thanks 3 users thanked FeRaLcHiLdE for this useful post.
MrSmellyPants on 7/2/2014(UTC), olivemma on 7/3/2014(UTC), Southside on 7/14/2014(UTC)