logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrSmellyPants  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:53:42 PM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
There is some interest from players in encouraging setup at home or spawn. Most have siphons other locations and a handful have portals at home for grinding. An idea: make siphons at your spawn refill at double the rate of siphons in other areas. Maybe set a 1 mile limit. Inside one mile of physical locaton you get the bonus. Thoughts? Would that motivate you to set up at your spawn? I wouldn't want to give an xp bonus or stat bonus at spawn since this would discourage group hunting- everyone would solo. That would be bad. Another idea: if you have all four siphons at spawn you can also build a fifth one there.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:54:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
olivemma on 5/27/2014(UTC), Maestro on 5/29/2014(UTC)
Cinder24  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:57:41 PM(UTC)
Cinder24

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Lol. My "home nexus" isn't even within a mile limit of my physical location.
thanks 1 user thanked Cinder24 for this useful post.
MrSmellyPants on 5/27/2014(UTC)
MrSmellyPants  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:41:20 PM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Mine may not be either. Either we would have to increase the mile or only some will benefit.
olivemma  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:54:11 PM(UTC)
olivemma

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I like the idea, but I think "home" advantage is not fair to those without close nexus, and it might encourage "passive" gaming.
The good side is that most seem to enjoy raids, so it could be a motivation to play for many players...
thanks 2 users thanked olivemma for this useful post.
MrSmellyPants on 5/27/2014(UTC), Maestro on 5/29/2014(UTC)
ZuluPapaSN  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:44:42 PM(UTC)
ZuluPapaSN

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How about making your "defensive" assets double or even triple strength if within 800' of home spawn? Not sure how they will be able to determine one's TRUE home spawn as so many of is travel... But if turrets at home were really POWERFUL maybe people would think twice about raids :)
thanks 3 users thanked ZuluPapaSN for this useful post.
MrSmellyPants on 5/27/2014(UTC), Maestro on 5/29/2014(UTC), olivemma on 6/2/2014(UTC)
FeRaLcHiLdE  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2014 3:50:31 AM(UTC)
FeRaLcHiLdE

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I feel that not being tied to a home location does detract from the joy of raiding and all the effort that can go into such. While it's nice not to be 'trapped' into setting base at home, I'm seeing almost no raids since Party Portals became a regular event.

I'm not certain about how, but I do like the suggestion of a home incentive. I don't think it should rely on a nexus being close for obvious reasons. I do think it should be tied to campaign points since this can motivate competitive players more than an xp or para buck reward.
thanks 1 user thanked FeRaLcHiLdE for this useful post.
olivemma on 6/2/2014(UTC)
getAgrippa  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:26:38 PM(UTC)
getAgrippa

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Bumping this: I think this home base issue is crucial for making the location-based thing really work.

An idea: wherever you normally spawn, if there is no node in sight, you can either

A. Request a new node at your location (weak but doable) or

B. Tie siphons to your portal.

Either way, you have be careful that people can't use this to gain unfair advantages; the point is to ensure that people who live far from a node can play with just as much pleasure as others.
thanks 1 user thanked getAgrippa for this useful post.
olivemma on 6/25/2014(UTC)
Maestro  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 9:45:50 AM(UTC)
Maestro

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Another bump/new thought on this topic:
What if you could only build siphons near a place/nexus where you actually were?

That could look like this:
  • From your spawn you can paint nexus' in a radius of, say, 4km. Painting would be kind of "your personal paint" (not the team paint which we used during the painting campaings).
  • You can build/drain on every one of these painted nexus. And only there.
  • The paint remains for, say, 2 months.
  • When the paint fades, all attached siphons are destroyed or become passive/impossible to drain.

The charm of this is that you are encouraged to play during trips while narrowing down the amount of possible places. Combined with the ideas above for nexus-less players this would hopefully make raids more frequent again.