logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
-Justin-  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 12:28:37 PM(UTC)
-Justin-

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I believe there should be a reconstruction of the settings tab. I've played many games, and their settings sucked, including Shadow Cities. Thereby wasn't much options to optimize the game. Thus, I propose that there is the normal pail old settings as currently used and a switch to switch from Normal settings to Advanced settings.

You can always take the blue pill and stick to the settings you always knew.
Or you can take the red pill and switch on the "Advanced Settings" to explore how deep the Rabbit hole goes.

Some things in Advanced Settings could include:
—Allow yourself to be seen by the enemy and team players. Who wants to stricken fear to every living pilot using the most advanced drone technologies? I would.
—Disable/hide purchases available in the store. I don't want to accidentally switch sides 😳
—Stop/hide variable background; save battery. And some of use like the night sky too d*mn much we never want to see the sun again!!!
—Auto-Login. Switch this to off to disallow someone piloting your ship, possibly crashing it, who knows? Could be abused so Maybe not good idea. But then again I don't want my 5 year old cousin using my hard earned para bucks!
—notification to notify when you are on chat for too long
—ability to delete/hire other threads made by other people in the feed.
—put a lock on a structure, that is it is of GREAT IMPORTANCE, such as your Line of turrets right at the coast of San Francisco to defend against any Kaijus.
—ability to disable sound effects. Some of us play dead silent in Shadow Cities and whatnot. Maybe also to save battery
—bookmark portals. Need the portal at a Japanese McDonalds bathroom for thier teriyaki chicken nuggets but can't find the portal, you got it! Bookmarked*
—option to switch back to the normal settings if the advanced settings is too much to handle.
— ideas in the comments?

So what so you think? Should Laura order the Paraversume Protection Agency to incorporate advanced settings, thereby empowering the pilots to feel the new pure of energy in their drone? Thoughts supports and denies help!
thanks 3 users thanked -Justin- for this useful post.
Symbiatch on 2/28/2014(UTC), Anvar on 2/28/2014(UTC), Davide33 on 3/1/2014(UTC)
Symbiatch  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 2:18:28 PM(UTC)
Symbiatch

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 128 post(s)
- Purchases already need a tap to open, then buy, then confirm, so it's quite hard to accidentally switch :)
- Sky doesn't use any more battery whether it's static or switching. And I know the night view is much nicer. Daytime sky might get an upgrade too.
- Feed mutes are coming when time permits
- Sounds can already be muted in the settings? Is there some place where it doesn't work?

But there will be more settings in the future. There's already one implemented!
thanks 1 user thanked Symbiatch for this useful post.
Anvar on 2/28/2014(UTC)