logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrSmellyPants  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:51:02 PM(UTC)
MrSmellyPants

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I suggest setting up a system to track "overflow" xp after players reach the level cap. These points can't be spent now but eventually if the level cap is raised then they would be available. Or for rewards or bragging rights or custom ships or something. I just think the efforts of those players who are capped should not be lost. And If level cap goes up they should not start from zero as if they just reached it when they have been at the cap for six months. Your thoughts? (And this may already be tracked with the stats system or easy to estimate)

Edited by user Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:52:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MrSmellyPants for this useful post.
olivemma on 6/19/2014(UTC)
getAgrippa  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:20:48 PM(UTC)
getAgrippa

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Again an old SC problem. The thing you can't do is just let people get insanely powerful, or again, the game starts shutting out beginners.

1. I like custom drones and bragging badges. That also helps newbies know who's an old hand and can answer questions authoritatively. I'd love to see this also pick up "thank yous" on the forums: shows who is big in community and not solely a big grinder.

2. We all need to think about special powers that aren't simple attacks but aren't impossibly complex to program and implement.

3. As I suggested elsewhere, ramp down xp rewards for blasting players and structures that are very far below one's own level, so the super-hitters have a disincentive to pick on newbies.
thanks 2 users thanked getAgrippa for this useful post.
MrSmellyPants on 6/19/2014(UTC), olivemma on 6/19/2014(UTC)