logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
getAgrippa  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:17:33 AM(UTC)
getAgrippa

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
There was recently a big all-team cooperative slam of a red Igor. Everyone agreed that it was fun. But, as Olive noted, it's not so easy to think of ways to encourage cooperative stuff. I would say, that's easy enough, but what's tricky is not to undermine the fun of team play.

Here's my idea.

Two-part campaign, each part running a week as usual. In each week, there are big red uglies or something of the kind to be trashed.

Now once the first half is complete, divide each team into two groups: (1) those who did not participate in cooperative efforts, or did so trivially; (2) those who participated in a lot of cooperative efforts. You'd have to rank that relative to XP, of course: you can't expect a beginner to score as many points of damage as a maxed-out type. But it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out the algorithm.

In the second half, once again you have those big Igors. But now something weird happens: group 1 players cannot do damage to the Igors, though they can heal and otherwise help out their team. Only group 2 can hurt the Igors. Cooperative work is certainly a good idea, those things being as tough as they are, but when the Igor goes down, XP are divided only among the winning team. That is, if Orange did 6000 to the Igor and Blue did 3900, all 9000 XP are divided among the Orange players who scored the 6000 -- none to Blue.

My thought is that, on the one hand, those childish types who just can't resist shooting the other team no matter what won't score coop points and thus can't play the second game. In the second game, coop play is crucial if you're going to take those things down, but when the big bad is pretty much hurt you just MIGHT want to shoot your allies... or will that just mean less damage by your team to the Igor, since it's all or nothing in the end? If your group 1 teammates are standing by to heal, can they shoot your allies in the back when the Igor is at 30%? If they do so, will their friends shoot back? Will we end up with two completely different battles raging -- one about shooting the Igor fastest and the other about killing the other team?

I dunno, seems like fun to me.
thanks 1 user thanked getAgrippa for this useful post.
olivemma on 6/25/2014(UTC)
olivemma  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:38:51 AM(UTC)
olivemma

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I love the idea, but I see a problem: in part2 of campaign, cooperation will be hard to get from the outnumbered team if there is one at that precise moment, since their chance of getting pts is so low, why would they help the other team to get some?
Otherwise I think there's something to do with this 2 part thing to encourage coop, any ideas are more than welcome
thanks 1 user thanked olivemma for this useful post.
getAgrippa on 6/26/2014(UTC)