logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vvip222  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 7:48:20 AM(UTC)
vvip222

The league told its teams on Saturday that clubs found to not be complying with league rules designed to minimize the spread of the coronavirus this season could face major penalties such as forfeiting games or draft picks.

"The best thing about it is the year I'll be a free agent will be the same year my oldest son graduates high school," James said Monday on a videoconference with reporters, making his first comments since the start of training camp. "So I'll have some options to see, for me personally, what I want to do forward, being around my family, being around my son more or continue to play this game I love with great health and great spirits. We'll see."Sacramento Kings Face Masks

Curry, who was originally selected by the Warriors with the seventh pick in the 2009 NBA draft, is currently in the midst of a five-year, $201 million supermax extension signed in 2017. As ESPN's Bobby Marks reported, the max extension Curry is eligible for would be for three years and $156 million. It would start in 2022-23.Los Angeles Lakers Face Masks

Given the sacrifices these players, coaches and teams made by leaving their families to sequester on Disney’s campus, it’d be nice if they could all leave on a higher note than what many did. That didn’t happen and the future ramifications could be costly."

Shortly after Irving's comments about James went live, the high-scoring guard posted a series of Twitter videos referring to the "false narratives" that emerged when it was perceived that he was taking a shot at James.Charlotte Hornets Face Masks

The Boston Celtics (and 3 other teams) are having a bad start to free agency
"There’s been plenty of good and bad so far in NBA free agency, but the Boston Celtics and three other teams are off to terrible starts.
It’s the happiest time of the year in the NBA, and that fact is compounded with the combination of the draft and free agency in the same week. Of course, if it’s not a happy time, it’s the absolute worst time, and for a handful of teams (led by the Boston Celtics), it’s been downright awful.

Let’s take a look at just why the Celtics have had a terrible time so far, and then we’ll go on to a few other teams having just as bad of a time.

Why the Boston Celtics are having a miserable free agency
The Boston Celtics always seem to be on the verge of making a big deal for a star, only to decide they’re fine without a blockbuster trade and come up just short in the end. Over the last couple of seasons, it’s even worse than that. Not only have the Celtics been unable to swing a big deal for a star or two, they’ve been losing their own.

Last season they lost Kyrie Irving in free agency, receiving nothing in return. While considering how poorly the relationship was by the end of Irving’s time in Boston, it’s fair to say that getting him out of the locker room was a win by itself, but it’s still a poor result for a max-level player.

This time around, they lost Gordon Hayward also for nothing. He opted out of his $34 million 2020-21 salary, and while he and the team were apparently working to find a sign-and-trade in order to maximize him as an asset, he ended up departing to the Charlotte Hornets and signing a gigantic four-year, $120 million deal.

That contract is certainly an overpay and not something the Celtics should have tried to match, but losing top-end players and replacing them with nothing so far isn’t the best way to get back to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Maybe the Celtics will turn it around, but so far they’re one of our headlining teams for Bad Times During Free Agency."

“Me and [Russell] have had conversations about understanding that, and understanding the power of this moment and this opportunity,” Towns said. “How can we use it to change the world?”Boston Celtics Face Masks